International Conference: The Millennium of Omar Khayyam
Following the establishment of Allameh Tabataba"i University"s (ATU) Khayyam Centre for Iranian Studies in University of Nebrija, Madrid, the first international conference of the Centre is planned to be held on the subject of the "Millennium of Omar Khayyam". The conference topics include, but not limited to the following: the position of Khayyam in various world countries; different aspects of Khayyam"s character; Khayyam"s Rubaiyat; Khayyam in the East and the West; translatability of Khayyam"s Rubaiyat; Khayyam and himkmah (wisdom); Khayyam and astrology; Khayyam and mathematics; Khayyam and poetry; and Khayyam and mysticism.
During the conference, a new volume including translations of Khayyam"s Rubaiyat in several languages will also be unveiled. As part of the conference registration fee, the participants will have the possibility to take part in a sightseeing tour in Madrid.
Allameh Tabataba"i University"s Department of Spanish Language and the Khayyam Centre for Iranian Studies are the main organisers of this event; Universities of Nebrija and Complutense in Mardid are also kindly cooperating in the organisation of this event as the hosts.
Monday and Tuesday, 17 and 18 February 2020.
The conference is going to be convened in Mardid, in the following two universities:
- First day (17 February 2020), in University of Nebrija; location: Calle de Sta. Cruz de Marcenado, 27, 28015 Madrid. Click HERE to view the location in Google Maps.
- Second day (18 February 2020), in University of Complutense; location: Salon de Grados, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Complutense, Ciudad Universitaria, Plaza Menéndez Pelayo, s/n, 28040 Madrid, Spain. Click HERE to view the location in Google Maps.
Comprehensive Abstract (henceforth "Paper") Submission Deadline: 21 November 2019.
Notification of Acceptance of Papers: 29 December 2019.
Conference Dates: 17 and 18 February 2020.
+ Students from any university: 15 Euros;
+ Non-students: 25 Euros.
+ Registration fee includes participation in the conference and using the conference package, together with a coffee break and a sightseeing tour in Madrid.
This should be mentioned that the fee does not include accommodation and other travel costs. Therefore, esteemed participants are required to buy their tickets and book their accommodation in Madrid themselves. However, the conference secretariat is prepared to help you find a suitable hotel.
How to Submit Papers:
To submit your papers, please email the complete and finalized version of your paper to the conference secretariat at email@example.com.
For more detailed information on the conference, please keep contact with the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before sending your papers to the secretariat, please carefully consider the following important points and ensure that your final manuscript fulfills the following specifications.
Note 1: Papers should include between 900 and 1500 words. Therefore, manuscripts below and above this limit shall be rejected, irrespective of the content.
Note 2: Papers can be prepared and submitted in Persian or English and it is up to the author to decide in which language the paper might be better prepared.
Papers have to include the following parts in the same order provided below:
1. Title: Papers have to start with a short, clear, and precise title, indicative of the main subject of the research.
2. Author(s): Mention should be made to the author(s) of the paper, including his/her/their full name(s), affiliation(s), academic rank(s), and email address(es).
3. Abstract: The abstract should briefly represent the whole content of your paper, including the problem, methodology, and the findings. The abstract should be prepared between 150 and 300 words. For papers submitted in Persian, a translation of the abstract in English should also be submitted, so the secretariat could publish the English abstracts in a Book of Abstracts of the conference.
4. Keywords: A minimum of 5 and maximum of 7 keywords have to be included in the article, immediately following the abstract.
5. Main body of the paper.
6. References: This section should include a complete list of all the references and citations used in the paper. References to works in different languages (e.g. English, Persian, Arabic, etc.) should be separated under appropriate titles. To standardize the referencing of papers, contributors are asked to follow the referencing format specified below.
Important Notes: For the manuscripts prepared in Persian, the proper names and specialised terms which might be unknown to other participants, mention should be made to those words in English, in parentheses next to the Persian equivalents.
Manuscripts have to be typed in Microsoft Word format, in A4 size.
Tables, figures, and other graphical content inserted in line with the text should fit the page width. A maximum of 12*18 cm is suggested.
Referencing and Citation Guide:
For the papers prepared in English, in-text citations and final list of references have to follow the APA Manual of Style, sixth edition, 2010. For the papers submited in Persian, please follow the instructions specified in THIS document.